Saturday, September 8, 2007

In Memory of Robert Lee 1968-2007

We just found a feather on the floor, I think DD brought it inside for the cats, but it is black and white: just like Mr. Lee's karate uniform. DS wanted to keep the feather. It is a feather that fell off his angel wings, according to DS. So there I'm sitting with tears rolling down my face again. I know I will find my peace and a chance to say goodbye when I go into the quiet karate studio again one day next week. I'll sit there and watch Robert working with my kids, in my mind, and hear his voice coaxing my DS to jump higher and to not allow his fears of failure to hold him back. I'll laugh with him as he allows the kids to finish their session with the face masks on so that they can fence each other with staffs and swords. DD would just beat on her brother and they'd be laughing so hard at the end of class.


Dear Mr. Lee, Thank you for caring about me. I loved learning from you. Now you can fly to the rainbow. I will miss you. Love, Alex

Robert Lee passed away on Monday September 3rd 2007 from a massive brain aneursym. He was 39 years old. We will miss him very much.