Thursday, September 6, 2007

Self Sabotage

I so want to hit that 40lb lost mark, but I fear I sabotaged myself last night! Instead of going to bed when I was so exhausted I nibbled on yogurt mixed with protein powder, and then just more protein powder off my little spoon. Plus quite a lot of water. I knew the scale wouldn't be nice this morning.

Sabotaging Ourselves. Why do we do it? It's the "Peter Rabbit" syndrome - remember how Peter made himself sick eating all those raddishes and carrots in Mr. McGregor's garden, and then had to go straight to bed when he got home. I'm sure he was lying there on his bed thinking "Why did I do it?"

We feel horrible after doing it, and the self mutilation is intense - but I think the majority of us do it. So why, when we are on a roll, cheat free, or close to a goal - WHY DO WE SELF SABOTAGE?