Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Confessions of a Jelly Belly Jelly Bean

Speaking of munchies..... I couldn't bring myself to post earlier because I knew I'd have to admit aloud to myself what I'd done last night and admitting it was going to make it real. I was feeling bored, ok yes bored, last night watching tv, and for once I couldn't quieten the munchie monster. I ate some cold meat, but that didn't satisfy. What I should've done was to wander up to bed ... but I didn't do that. Instead I found myself on the top shelf in our pantry (on a chair, not actually up there!) where the kids candy is kept. There I found a considerably large bag of jelly belly jelly beans (it wasn't lost, somewhere in the recesses of my mind I knew it was there). I thought to myself, I could just eat a couple .... (ok so I didn't think!) .....well about 20 minutes later, there was way more than a just couple of jelly beans dancing in my jelly belly, I had to walk over to the trash and pour the remainder in. I couldn't trust myself to just put the candy away. I had eaten almost 1/2 the bag! Mindless eating. And now I felt I drank lots of water before I climbed into bed. I woke during the night with a dry mouth (like a hangover) and drank more water.

Today I am up to 173lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just about died seeing that on the scales this morning. I did not want to come online and tell anyone. I did not eat that many jelly beans. My mind has been torturing me all day, telling me I have failed yet again, cannot trust myself etc. And talk about cravings today!!!! I know I am going to have to satisfy the fat and protein demands of my body and get myself back into ketosis. I am NOT going to let this stop me for getting to my goal weight. I have come so far. HELP!

So for me, August 1st, my new start weight is 173lbs. My goal is to get into the 150s. To get there by the end of August, my minimum loss will need to be 14lbs.

Incidentally, I was thinking today while I was driving. I've spent hours looking at labels and not eating such and such because it has say 5g carbs, or 8g carbs. I wish I had done that instead. I really think that for me personally I need to figure out some carbs I can do that are ok for future reference. NOT JELLY BELLY JELLY BEANS though! I got this info from a Jelly Belly site online: Question: How many calories and carbohydrates are in a single Jelly Belly jelly bean? Answer: There are 4 calories per bean, or about 100 calories per single serving (25 beans). They have approximately 1 gram of carbohydrate per bean and zero fat. Jelly Belly jelly beans offer a satisfying burst of flavor for a modest calorie investment. They are also certified Kosher. (well that makes me feel so much better. 1g per bean! NOT!)