Wednesday, August 15, 2007

DH notices Weight Loss!

Yea!!!!! DH finally said something about my losing weight. Major Motivation!!!! MEN! We were talking on the phone, and out of the blue he said he knew I'd lost weight. I joked with him that he was the last person to notice (and say something about it). He said he'd noticed a while ago, but (and only a male could rationalize like this) he didn't tell me because he thought that I might stop losing weight (as in think "ok he's noticed my weightloss, now I can stop losing.... ") I explained how him eating pastries in the weekends when he is home, and him leaving cases of kashi bars around (and then getting a little miffed when I gave boxes of them away) was making things a little hard for me, especially lately.

I really needed to hear him approve of my loss today because I have been having a terrible time getting back onto the plan. I did go to the supermarket and buy some meat and chicken & some Boars Head Oven Gold Chicken breast. I am going to eat protein whenever I am hungry, and not worry about fat content so much right now. I need to get those carb cravings out the door, and as soon as ketosis starts I know I'll be more in control.

I discovered last night that I had failed miserably to plan with adequate precooked protein to stay on plan. I forgot about that initial hunger. I wonder if that is why so many people struggle when they are just starting Kimkins. They assume the hunger goes away straight away, and that is why they suffer so much with withdrawal symptoms, and SNATT. I know myself I need to eat more than I think for a few days, and if I can make sure that intake is protein & fat, I do better staying on plan. The hunger will go soon enough as ketosis starts.

I know that struggling so much (as I have been) and getting back up into the saddle will make this the only plan that I've been able to get back onto - which is tremendous. Obviously I'm not the only one either because thinking about it if any of us were able to stick to a weight loss plan, none of us would be here. So a big huge yea! for everyone of us that is sticking to Kimkins, and i know our persistance will pay off!!!

For me it is back to stacking those dominoes.