Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Another 1/2 pound closer to my Mini Goal

I was very surprised to see another 1/2 pound drop on the scales this morning. Taking my total to 17 lbs lost at the start of day# 12 (today). I was feeling a little munchy right before bed last night (wanna bet if that's not TOM about to start!?!) so I nibbled on a cold cooked hamburger patty and drank 2 large glasses of water. I honestly wouldn't have been surprised if I'd gained a little or stayed the same. So there I was naked, doing a happy dance in my bathroom - OK so NOT a good image right now ! LOL

I know I'd be extremely happy if I could lose 1/2 pound each and every day. But obviously 1 pound per day would be nicer. I am kind of thinking that by doing Kimkins I am getting a little spoilt. I mean there are other weightloss programs out there where people get excited to lose 1/2 pound per week. And that's with a huge amount of exercise.

Just in case you are wondering, I am not currently "exercising" - at least not in a formal way. But I am running around daily after my two special needs children, as well as spring cleaning my house because of impending visitors. I have decided that I am going to lose more weight (maybe down to 140-150), then incorporate a little cardio (kickboxing) and lots of muscle building weight lifting (follow a Joyce Vedral program - I like her, she's a shorty like me) into my daily routine. I am hoping I'll avoid too much lose saggy baggy elephant skin, especially around the bits that will show when I wear a bikini next summer!

Bring It On!