Thursday, June 21, 2007

Why does being overweight make us wait?

Something that I've been meaning to do for years, but used my weight as an excuse not to do anything at all, is to get certified as a personal trainer. OK yes I'm sure you see my reasoning why. I mean who'd go to a personal trainer who was 100 lbs overwight. Indeed! But I have the books and everything. I am just sitting here making excuses. It's not that I'm not interested. I'm capable of studying. I can find the time if I really try, and I know I'll benefit from what I learn myself ... but ...

Ultimately my dream is to specialize in exercise for special needs teenagers/children because there is nothing for these children to do when they reach this age. They are taught to eat convience foods rather than how to prepare a nutritious meal. And there is little emphasis on getting exercise. I have really been thinking about this more and more this past week. I need to get motivated. And stop making excuses.

Are we all the same, putting off things "until the weight drops off" or "until I look better in a bikini"??? - what are we putting off, and why? I know this post is sounding very Carrie Bradshaw, but "Why does being overweight make us wait?"