Sunday, July 15, 2007

Another 2 lbs !!

I started Kimkins 37 days ago, and I've been amazed at my lack of hunger, my energy levels and most importantly, my weightloss! I am only 5'1" tall, so carrying 100+ pounds extra on my frame looked more like way more weight than that. In just 37 days I've lost 28 pounds.

DH still hasn't said anything about my weight loss (if he's noticed). Neither has a close girlfriend who sees me 3 or 4 times each week. I know that it must be at least a little noticeable now, with almost 30 lbs gone. I am wearing a L (12/14) instead of the XL (16/18) I was wearing 37 days ago. I am also wearing a much smaller bra (38D instead of 42D) and I know that I need to treat myself to a proper bra fitting to see where I really am size-wise.

I think the biggest difference is within myself. I feel so much more in control. Not a slave to night time nibbling. Although I have to admit that last night I was getting stuck into diet dr. pepper floats made with a little bit of protein powder mixed with the soda. It was a very nice Saturday night treat - and I'm not beating myself up about it. It was legal & on plan!

At the end of the day, Kimkins is working. Seriously working. And I'm not going to let anyone plant any seeds of doubt in my head. I am proud of the weight I've lost so far. I am excited that I am not feeling controlled by my constant carb cravings. I think that I might be a person who really needs to limit carbs for the rest of her life. And I am going to have to accept that now. Because I am going to like being goal, but the reality is, in order to stay at goal, I suspect that I am going to have to really start seeing Kimkins (or at least a modified Kimkins diet) as a permanent eating plan.