Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Best Birthday Present Ever!

Yesterday I was walking past a store window and I caught my reflection. Yes, I'm getting slightly smaller (and I wish it was more visible), but that wasn't what really caught my eye. It was my pants. They were looking loose and stretched out. And hardly flattering. Today I went to WalMart to get some interim pants to replace my saggy baggy size XL (16/18) ones. I knew the next size down was L (12/14). Since it's been years since I've worn a size 12 anything there was a part of me that thought I was crazy even looking for a smaller size yet. After a bit of a search I was delighted to find 3 pairs of Athletic Works Black Capri pants with two white stripes down each side in Size L. I didn't try them on in the store. I decided to be confident and bring them home anyway. Because even if I couldn't get into them today, I knew that it wouldn't be long before I would be proudly wearing them.

Well I am delighted to say that I am sitting here wearing a pair of size L Athletic Works Black Capri pants with two white stripes down each side!!! And also I'm wearing a size L (12/14) TShirt!

So even though the bathroom scale is being a little stubborn and I'm still in the 180's, I am obviously losing inches. Talk about the best birthday present ever!