Monday, July 9, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!




Today is my 39th birthday. While I am a little disappointed that DH is out on the road, it does make it easier because I didn't have to do that "birthday meal out at a restaurant" which to be totally honest frightens me a little right now. I am looking at incorporating many of the great tips and ideas from Brooke's book (If I'm So Smart, Why Can't I Lose Weight?: Tools to Get it Done) over the next few months so that when I am in a restaurant I feel much more in control of myself.

I was also disappointed to not see the scale drop down to under 180 lbs as I'd been hoping for. In fact, it inched up 1/2 lb instead. I think that all the red meat I've been eating over the weekend was pretty much to blame, especially after reading to newsletter that Kimmer sent out with the fat levels in beef. It does sit heavy in my stomach too. I am going to limit beef to only one or two days each week and get back to Tilapia & Chicken.