Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Sabotage & TOM

Whether we satotage ourselves or cheat - we all seem to manage to do something to take a little detour off plan.

What are the circumstances that cause a "cheat" for you?
Are any of the circumstances within your control?
If any of the circumstances are regular occurances (like dinners out, or baking cookies for example) how can you better prepare yourself to deal with the circumstance without allowing it to cause a cheat?
Are you more or less likely to cheat if you have written out your daily menu in advance?
How many of us actually take a moment each night to write out a menu for the following day? And if not, why not?

I have another Q - but its not related to cheating. Anyways, I am about 1 week before TOM (again) I am trying to pay attention to my body, and within Kimkins reason, accomodate my body's needs. I noticed tonight that I was craving fat, so I wound up eating hamburger patties (one for dinner plus afterwards I ate two more than I originally planned) I feel very stuffed now, and because technically I did not eat off plan, I am happy with myself. BUT the fat grams were 23g OUCH! But I am not wandering around looking for things to eat. I do feel like I am out of ketosis, but that was the case last month at this time also.

I am curious as to what others crave right before TOM? Previously for me it was chocolate = carbs + fat. I thought I was craving carbs, but maybe my body really wanted FAT.

And I guess the second part to my Q is, if these cravings are for real and due to some biological need my body has at this point in my cycle, doesn't it make sense to work out a way to accomodate these needs while staying on plan?