Saturday, July 7, 2007

Jellybeans

We went to WalMart today to get some clothes for stepson to take with him when he goes home to NZ. He wanted to take some american candy also, so there we all were in the candy aisle of WalMart. My son adores Jelly Belly jellybeans and they had a new flavor pack of "soda" flavors. Would you believe 35 jellybeans (1 serving in the jelly belly world) is 37g carb.

Now 6 weeks ago I easily could've sat there in the evening and eaten the entire bag and still felt hungry. Want to know something I also noticed - 0g protein for 1 serving. Maybe all those cravings for MORE and MORE food (which I assumed were for carbs right) were really cravings for some decent protein instead! I bet they were. Only I saw the perpetual hungry feeling I always had as my reason for existing after dark.

Anyway I noticed something else very interesting in WalMart. Standing in the candy aisle 6 weeks ago I would've been tempted to buy a huge bar of Toblerone chocolate and other goodies to nibble on at night. If fact way more than tempted. I would have felt desperate if I'd arrived home knowing there were no naughty nibbles in the cupboards waiting for me to polish off after my children were in bed. Today I could've cared less about the candy or the chocolates. What am amazing feeling.

And I also honestly feel that if I ate a jelly belly jellybean I could stop at one.